Succulent Flower Crown in 5 Steps
Succulents and San Diego go hand in hand. The same can be said for Pigment and the fleshy plants that we love so much. These sun loving beauties are the backbone of most of our creations at Pigment, and we think they deserve to be the star of your floral masterpieces. Join us as we take a closer look at what it takes to include succulents at your special gathering.
Making a Flower Crown
- Cut a base wire almost to the circumference of your head. Prepare succulents by removing all soil, excess roots and dead leaves. Thread another wire through the base of each succulent so that you can fix this to your base wire at a later stage.
- Prepare your florals by cutting them to 2-3″ in length and carefully thread wire through the base of the flower as your did with the succulents.
- Now is the exciting part… Start on one side of your base wire and work your way around by attaching succulents and flowers to it with the floral tape. We recommend mixing fillers and succulents next to your bigger blooms.
- End off with wrapping both ends of your wire with twine or ribbon, this will not only be aesthetically pleasing but also more comfortable.
- Tie your twine together to complete your headband.
Other succulent decor ideas that are just as easy to do...
Don't forget to replant your succulents so that they can stay with you for long after the "I do's"... Wishing you all the best for your big day!
Visit Exquisite Weddings to win your very own Pigment flower crown.
xo - Pigment